My Blog List

Monday, July 9, 2012

Here we go again!`

With a little over a week left to go before the big moving day our house is an unsettled mess.  For me with both physical stuff and my emotions.  I'm not completely thrilled with the idea of moving back to Oregon.  Yes there are some positives like working days, being back with friends and family but the biggest negative is moving away from my family.  I have and I believe we all have really enjoyed the last year together.  I think we needed each other through losing grandma and my parents were able to be closer to her in her last few months which I know grandma really enjoyed.
As Tyler and I have been talking and packing we have come to the conclusion that we want to simplify life and get rid of junk.  The question came up as to why we hold onto things.  For example I have 6-7 baby blankets from my childhood.  I have no idea who made them for me or where they come from or what I would ever do with any of them.  Some of the them are so ugly I would never display them and for the last 16 years they have been in rubbermaid containers in the attic.  Moving from one attic to the next.  I didn't even pull them out to use with Haylie so the questions is why do I still have them? Why do I still have yearbooks that haven't seen the light of day since I graduated which again is 16 years ago.  Some of which we have duplicates.  None of these items have an monetary value and do they really have enough sentimental value to continue to hold onto them and possibly pay to store them?   All the kid's school papers that I have kept which is just a few from each year what will they ever do with them.  Leslie gave us what she saved of Tyler's and where do they sit?  In a box in the attic never have even looked through them.  All the items my dad has built for us what do you do with them?  I love them and I think he has done amazing craftsmanship but this huge toy box shaped like a firetruck where the heck do I store it?

No comments:

Post a Comment